Serious 6′s Advanced Workout Part II
Here’s your “short on time” exercise complex solution.
The original serious 6 workout is from Bull Strength Conditioning and is a brutal and popular barbell complex. I balked at calling this “Serious 6′s 2.o” since the original workout is tough to beat – but this is close…and way different!
Instead of using a barbell part II will use just one dumbbell (medicine ball, or weight plate). Also, unlike the original, this new version is almost all done unilaterally or on one leg.
I wasn’t going to shoot a video of this, but after doing it yesterday my mind was changed. I woke up feeling it all over my core and legs – an extremely efficient workout series.
Serious 6′s Part II Primary Muscles Targeted:
- Full Core/Torso
- Upper Back
How To Perform
1. Perform 6 bulgarian split squats (BSS) to woodchopper
2. Perform 6 woodchoppers holding the BSS stance
3. Perform 6 reverse lunge to wood choppers
4. Perform 6 wood choppers in a reverse lunge stance
5. Perform 6 squats to wood choppers
6. Perform 6 regular wood choppers.
Variations: Perform all the right side then the left OR perform both legs for each exercises as you go through.
Notes: Strong core and torso bracing are required throughout. This is not a beginner movement since most new lifters will over use their low backs and have balance issues.
Serious 6 Part II Video
**YOUR SQUAT BONUS**
ANYONE that purchases Bull Strength Conditioning before Friday will also receive our limited edition squat program, long before it is released to the public.
1. Purchase BSC here: Bull Strength Conditioning
2. Forward your receipt to coachhashey(at)synergy-athletics(dot)com along with your 1RM squat number to get your custom program.
This is the exact 6 week squat program we use at the Synergy gym for improvements of up to 50 lbs. Unbelievable success! I will send you the squat numbers, sets, and reps to plug right into your current workouts.
- Joe Hashey, CSCS -