Core Training Without “Abs Exercise”
Some of the best core exercises AREN’T “core exercises.”
Well, they are…but they aren’t.
Let me explain. When people ask me for core exercises, they are expecting a sort of semi-isolation crunch, rotation, specific bracing etc.
Since we are limited in workout time, there isn’t always a place for isolation that can be covered during with other exercises/complexes. Here’s a good one for you:
- 10 Pushups with Renegade Row
- 10 Kneeling Military Press
- 10 Single Arm Unbraced Rows
- 10 Single Arm Standing Presses
- Repeat with the other arm
Perform 3 sets.
- Perform 5 push ups with renegade row, 5 plank rows, then 5 of everything else above.
- Use heavier weight
Uni-Crush Upper Body and Core Workout
Barbells, dumbbells or bodyweight for our next complex? Let me know in the comments!
- Joe Hashey, CSCS -
PS. More complexes for you are in Bull Strength Conditioning.