Best 15 Fitness Articles of 2010
Wow, 1 more year in the books! This time last year I was heading to the hospital with my wife for the birth of our son, Logan. On Synergy I was doing everything I could to hit 1,000 youtube subscribers and finish Bull Strength Conditioning. Right at the end of the year I gave away a couple copies a month before the release in the “It is Better To Give Than Receive” post!
It was a good GREAT year. Here is a little summary:
- Bull Strength Conditioning was released in Feb.
- In the same month we expanded our gym to a place 8 TIMES our size!
- We released, Bull Strength Football Prep, 6 Weeks of Speed, and Inseason Training Templates.
- A remake of Garage Gym Empire landed in the hands of hundreds of serious strength trainers.
- Over 100 articles were added to Synergy-Athletics.com
- We were featured on amazing strength training sites and in Men’s Fitness Magazine.
But for my big goal of 2009 (hit those 1,000 youtube subscribers) WE KILLED IT! It took from March of 2006 until 2009 to get those first 1,000 subscribers. BUT this year alone we added another 3,500 and 1.3 million MORE views.
Each week we grow bigger and bigger and a lot of quality articles get pushed to the back burner. Here is my Top 15 (in no particular order). Pick a few, read them, and share them with your friends!
Top 15 Synergy Articles From 2010
14. The Truth About Weakness. I get all fired up about strength vs skill training.
13. How to Do Renegade Get Ups. An exercise coming out in our new core training DVD and will require amazing strength to perform.
12. Increase Strength With A Plastic Bottle. A unique tip on how to improve muscle recovery and increase your lifts.
11. Step by Step Major Exercise Progression. Want to bench and squat? make sure you can do these first!
10. Max Speed vs Acceleration. Do athletes ever REALLY reach max speed? Check it out.
9. The Dirty Dozen Workout. This style of conditioning has been pushing people past their limits since our Sept article.
8. Building The Ultimate Athlete: MMA Conditioning. Misconceptions, best practices, and an example workout video are all provided!
7. 30 Seconds to Perfect Chin Ups. Have 30 seconds to learn 3 tips to perform chin ups correctly? Check out this August video.
6. Quitters are Soon Forgotten. My thoughts on quitters and respect.
5. 23 Homemade TRX / Blast Strap Exercises. I’ll show you how to make this awesome training tool and then 23 exercises on how to use it!
4. Importance of Muscle Recovery. Tips to fix your muscles after a hard workout. Sad part about this article is my hinting at the release of our new Recovery manual in Sept….Well I finished it in July and have never released it…more on that in a few weeks.
3. Grapplefit vs Synergy Challenge Series. MMA trainer Barry Gibson and I went toe to toe in this workout series with the readers being the voters! Check out our training videos.
2. Postactivation Potentiation (PAP). Real catchy title huh? This is important for anyone that trains to understand inside out.
1. The Truth About Functional Training. I know this comes from 2009, but I have gone back and updated it with more research and explanations. If you hear someone throw out the term “functional” training, you better know what it is!!!!
Honorable Mention: Plank Rows and Prowler Suicides (we introduce the fitness community to our plank row series).
I NEED YOUR HELP
IN THE COMMENTS, please let me know what you want covered next! I like to poll the readers a few times a year to get an idea of what you want to know. I’ll make sure to cover it BUT ONLY IF YOU let me know what it is with a comment!
I know 2010 isn’t over year (expect one full workout video from me this upcoming week), but I wish you and your families and AMAZING holiday and 2011.
- Joe Hashey, CSCS -
PS. I also want to hear about your fitness accomplishments from 2010. If you don’t have any article requests please comment with some of your achievements!!!!!
PPS. This list is all Synergy articles, but I wanted to take a second and thank all the trainers out there sharing their information with the world! I have learned so much from all of you.