8 Must Try Workout Challenges
Workouts are all about pushing your body and mind past the “comfort zone.”
These workout challenges will not only do that, they might just push you to all new limits! All fit into the category of “must do these workouts at least once in your life.”
Some of these are strength, some conditioning, all BRUTAL!
Read on to get access to “The Dirty Dozen.”
Top 8 Workout Challenges
1. Prowler Challenge. I picked this up from Joe Defranco – 6 x 40 yard prowler sprints. Alternate between low and high bars each set and use a prowler with 140 lbs. Monitor your rest periods strictly and don’t be soft and walk with it instead of DRIVING the sled.
2. 100 Burpees. Self explanatory and an absolute killer. See how fast you can do 100 burpees and don’t be wandering around every few reps. Do 100, and do them fast.
3. 100 Push Ups. Every needs enough GPP to handle basic body weight movements. Bang out 100 push ups and time it. Try every other week to see if you get any better.
4. Core Ripper. I just posted this video last week and I have received amazing feedback. Lots of people have tried it….few people actually complete it.
5. 100 Glute Ham Raises. Want to test your glute and hamstring strength? Try banging out 100 (but don’t plan on doing much walking for the next few days!). If your gym doesn’t have a GHR, you can do them with a partner holding your feet on the floor….not the same as the challenge though! If you are nuts try some of the variations below (thanks to Smitty from the Diesel Crew for shooting this with me last year).
6. 25 Rep Roulette from Ross Enamait. Ross uses sandbag, but here is the gym variation. Perform a burpee with your hands on dumbbells (at least 30′s) or a barbell (with 25′s on each side or more). Pop up, clean and press the BB or DB then perform a reverse lunge each leg. Repeat for 25 total burpees. Time yourself and repeat for 2-3 sets.
7. Father’s Complex. I put this complex out in the competition with Barry Gibson – it came out on Father’s day and reminded me of carrying my son around, hence the name.
8. The Dirty Dozen. This is the new conditioning complex we are killing ourselves enjoying.
Instead of explaining the Dirty 12, I’d like to shoot a video of it to share this Wednesday.
=> 50 COMMENTS NEEDED<=
If you are down with fitness challenges, just post up your comments! I’d love to hear which of these challenges you like or ADD ANOTHER ONE!
If we hit 50 comments by Tuesday pm 7pm, I will shoot the Dirty Dozen for you and post it on Wednesday! Make sure to comment and sign up for the free newsletter to get priority notification of new articles.
Oh, and I made a cool progress bar so you can see exactly how close you are to reaching the goal! I hope you enjoy.
- Joe Hashey, CSCS -
PS. I know doing 1 billion burpees would be a crazy challenge, but let’s keep it in the realm of possibility!
PPS. Get your free bonuses on the newsletter below and you will hear with the Dirty Dozen goes live!