17 Biggest Football Training Mistakes
I recently was asked to take a look at three different football strength programs, all from the college level. Unfortunately most have had some serious issues.
With the release of Bull Strength Football Prep yesterday (and with it being taken down tomorrow for 1 year), it is time to jump right into the football strength training mistakes.
17 BIGGEST Football Training Mistakes
1. Complete lack of unilateral exercises…Both upper body and lower body
2. Too much isolation
3. Changing programs too quickly
4. Looking at the mirror during every exercise
5. Training in single planes of motion
6. Cutting off sleeves and not cutting crappy calories
7. Spending all day in the gym
8. Lack of back strength
9. Masking bad programs by adding too much volume
10. Using a single body part split
11. Spending $100+ a month on supplements
12. Training with weak, lazy friends.
13. Neglecting grip/hand strength
14. No mobility exercises
15. Caring only about numbers, not form.
16. Using inefficient progressions
17. Only looking the part.
BONUS 18. Loving machines, performing the program that “some big bodybuilder” from the gym gave you, and using light weights during your accessory training (AKA just going through the motions).
Bull Strength Football Prep is on sale for $27 until Tuesday at 8pm. Click the “Buy It Now” button below and get on board. Yesterday’s post has more details – There Will Be Tears.
Testimonials from yesterday’s post, it’s nice when they come in without asking! Thanks:
Wow! Congrats to those boys! Just got the program, it is printing as we speak. Thanks Joe, it couldn’t be easier. – Tom, Synergy Reader
I am not a paid endorser of Bull Strength ! All I can say is that I use the manuals and the sample workouts and all I can say is what a difference a year makes!My team is bigger faster and stronger!
Thanks Joe! – Joe Hallman, High School Strength Coach
Good Job Coach!! I am sure this is a great program and any football player needing direction would be stupid not to get it for that price!! Jerry S., Strength Coach Bucknell University
As a former football player myself, I can relate. When I finished up w/ my football career, there were definitely some tears of joy, but mainly tears of regret and some disappointment. I’m gonna pick up a copy; once a football player, always one. Plus training like an athlete is fun, challenging, and gets the best results in the shortest amount of time. Keep killin’ it! -John Cortese, Strength Coach
- Joe Hashey, CSCS
=> PS. $27 Sale ends tomorrow because the templates will take you from this week right up until the football season.